My Crazy Book Buying Habits!
Over on the youtube channel ReadingWithJack, he is asking us about our book buying habits. I thought I would have a go at answering his questions!
Yes. I buy, on average, 6 books a week. I have so many books at the moment that if I stopped buying them for 10 years I probably still wouldn't be able to read them all. I just can't stop myself.
2) When, where and how often do you buy your books? Do you go with anyone else or just by yourself?
I buy them from Amazon, Ebay, Second-hand/Charity shops, The Works (cheap British book shop) and Waterstones (for new books if there's one I really want). I tend to shop for books alone because unless the person you're with isn't a fellow book lover it can be quite boring for them to stand around while you browse all the books.
3) What kind of things attract you to books when browsing them? Is there a specific genre of books you automatically go and look at?
Pretty covers. I'm a sucker for a bright, pretty cover. I go for the new books first to see what's just come out, then I usually go for the young adult, the comics and graphic novels and then the adult fiction.
4) Do you prefer to buy new, used or a mixture of both?
I prefer used because I buy so many books that I can't justify buying new books. I like them to be used but in good condition. I like to buy graphic novels new because they're more special and for keepsies.
5) How much are you willing to spend on books each month?
I'd rather not say. Lol. I probably spend at least £40. Eeek.
No. It would never last.
7) How long does it take you to get around to reading to recently bought books?
Sometimes I read them straight away if it is a sequel I just had to have, but usually I just buy them and put them on the shelf and read them months and months later!
8) Do you prefer to buy a lot of shorter, cheaper books or just a few longer, more expensive ones?
I really don't look at the length- I just buy the ones I want or ones that catch my eye. I don't discriminate :-P
9) Anything else to say about these awesome obsessions?
Sorry bank balance.
10) Who are you tagging?
Whoever would like to do it :-)